Saturday, December 19, 2009

I Make Beads



I make beads. I've been making beads for more than 9 years. In the beginning I made only beads and sold them on eBay, as singles and sets. Then I integrated my designer beads into jewelry and sold pieces right off my wrist or neck. My best first customers were the ladies at the bank. They'd gather around to see my newest designs. What a blast.

But I really enjoyed the beads and went on to start a web site for selling bead sets. And sell I did, from my site, and also from several gem and bead shows across the USA.

I just had to incorporate my bead sets into jewelry once again and I started selling at juried art shows. These shows were hit and miss. Mostly hit, but not convenient for my full-time job of running a restaurant I own with my husband.

On a whim, I decided to try wholesale, and I've never looked back. The designs I sell to catalogs and stores are vastly different from my original designs. I get really excited about the line I sell now, and I can't wait to add new pieces to the current line.

For 2010 we will continue in the same direction, and add a new line for pet lovers. Stay tuned for photos of new pieces, and our schedule of trade shows for 2010.

May inspiration come in many colors.

No comments: